View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #63
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I can't believe people think the M2 has a long (or heavy) clutch. You all would be in shock over the TT... First time I tried a BMW stick at the dealership I could hardly believe how short and light the pedal was.
That's frightening if the TT has a longer throw clutch than the M car clutch pedals

Compared to the 5MT in my prior 2012 WRX, the clutch in these cars is rather light. My annoyance is with the amount of clutch pedal travel and the rather quick, and sometimes odd, clutch take-up and the throttle pedal tuning. I think much of the issue is with the self-adjusting clutch and heavy dual mass flywheel. I went as far as getting a Sprint Booster to help me drive the 6MT smoother. In the Comfort throttle setting, the accelerator is too dead and it makes a leaving is 1st a bit slow and throttle tip-in sucks. In the Sport throttle setting, the throttle is too quick and causing jack rabbit starts and the throttle hard to modulate during aggressive driving. The Sprint Booster gives me the ability to fine tune the throttle to right in the middle between the Comfort and Sport throttle settings.
Appreciate 0