Sickshift
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Some of my comments:
- using the VN decoder, you can track a few cars before your VIN. this gives you an idea of when your car will be built (ie 2-5 cars per day)
- with the WWL website, you can use the % as a wildcard to track all VIN starting with WBS% (BMW)
- the WWL website is usually 1-2 days late
- the Hansen forwarding is only good once the car is at the car ramp. it can't be used to track the car in the train, but it is very accurate.
It seems they are completing quite a few a day...just yesterday, there are 18 cars that have their production date of September 8th - from V786727 to V786744...and today seems to be going along at the same pace, they are well over 10 done as of now.

Which brings me to another curious finding: using another VIN decoder which shows cars that are not completed yet but have a VIN assigned (for example http://www.bmwvin.com/ ), it seems the VINs are sequential until you get to V786800, which brings you to a non-M2 (218i) that has already been produced in March...and then after that the closest M2 I was able to find was V886666 (although I haven't tried all the numbers in between)...I thought they would all M2 VINs would be sequential but I guess not...

...I know I have way too much time on my hands...
Appreciate 1
vugz1044.00