12-18-2021, 01:21 AM   #7
6speed_M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I always like these guy's videos. That's a good review.

I reckon the winner simply depends on the frame of mind you are in at the time. I love them both.

I liked the comment on the urgency of the CS. That's it in a nutshell and agree that the DCT is the better choice because of this. It's always chomping at the bit. No matter what intention you have when setting off on your drive it always ends up manic. You can't relax in this car.

The CS is obviously the one to choose if you have one car though due to the sheer practicality.

The Lotus would be a joy on a windy road, manual transmission with perfectly chosen ratios, the world's best steering, the melody, and in a weird way more relaxing as you become one with the road rather than owning the road in the CS.

The ideal solution here is to have both cars. Drive according to frame of mind. What a garage that would be.
I had the DCT on my E90 M3 with the GTS transmission tune. I didn't love how it behaved in bumper to bumper traffic. It is more like a manual transmission in that sense.

Now whether or not that was fixed and how much it should even matter, I don't know. At least the ZF has that going for it. Also, with these new cars and the amount of torque they have, I'd imagine the ZF will outperform the DCT in terms of its life expectancy.
Appreciate 0