View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 11:38 AM   #1
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Help me decide on a coilover to meet my goals! PSS10? MPS? KW V3? Something else?

I know this topic has been beaten to death, and trust me I've spent many many hours reading all the threads i could find - but I want more input form people with suspension experience.

I have a 2018 OG M2 that I'm looking to buy coilovers for. My main goals are

-Performance: My M2 is my daily (unless its rainy or snowy) and it sees 99.9% street use. I may do some autocross with it in the future, but I dont have track days on my radar. Track time isnt completely out of the question, but its not something I'm seriously considering when picking a suspension system. My main complaint about the stock suspension is how unsettled, boaty, and twitchy the car feels at times, especially when hooking up or recovering from a loss of traction. 90% of this is probably my own lack of skill as a driver but I think at least some of it is from poorly tuned stock suspension.

-Height: Not much lower than stock ride height: I think the car looks fine at its stock height. If anything I'd only go 5-10mm lower. I want a suspension system that allows for this.

-Comfort: I literally dont give a rat's ass about comfort, I bought this car to be a rocket go-kart for the street, not a luxury ride.

-Price: If possible I'd like to stay below $3500 but I'm a big proponent of buy-once-cry-once so the absolute max max id like to spend is probably around $4000-5000 if I have to to get what I need.

With the budget I have in mind, the common options are

-KWV3
-BMW Mperf (which from what I read is basically just a worse, but cheaper, version of the KWs)
-Ohlins
-Bilstein PSS10s

-The OG Shark Nitrons have been a hot topic here lately, but theyre at the tippy top of my budget. They do come with camber plates though.

Does anyone have any strong feelings on the best kit for what im trying to accomplish? Any advice or comments are welcome. Thank you!

Picture just to have a picture
Appreciate 3
jefe2000775.00
OG Shark4731.00