View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 09:22 PM   #33
Rob495
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 Manual M3

Interestingly enough I traded in my white 2019 Type R for a 2021 M2 Comp about 12 hours ago. I can’t comment about the performance of the M2 since I haven’t pushed it yet but I will say that I loved my Type R. Best combo of fun, daily drivability, value for dollar, performance, and looks (yes I said looks). The car was able carry my wife and kids (18 and 7 y/o) with ease and swallow large amounts of items in the rear. Acceleration was decent but the handling was incredible for a FWD platform, much more confidence inspiring than my old s2000, CTSV, Miata, Evo, and Cayman S especially at higher speeds. The shifter was sublime........when it was cooperative. Hence my trade. My transmission had 2nd gear grinds, 4th gear grinds, and 4th gear lock out. Every time I drove the car, at least one of the issues would rear its ugly head. On Sat, I merged onto the highway. I hit 2nd and CRUNCH, I left off and immediately went back into neutral. I tried again and the SAME thing happened. The third try was a charm but the bonehead behind me almost rear ended me while I had my kids and wife in the car. So pissed that I started looking on the internet and found my current ride. I would have never traded in the Type R if it weren’t for that one flaw. I’m looking forward to the next several years with my SO M2 Comp.
Appreciate 0