Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
Hello!

Started the search for my next daily (well, semi daily, got a few other cars to swap out if needed to keep life interesting!), drove a '18 DCT M2 in stock condition.

Absolutely LOVED the car, except for the the way the car handled our absolutely sh**ty Houston roads. Test drive was around the Woodway/Voss area, lots of undulations in the road. The car behaved like it was on linear spring coilvers, ie; the whole car would move with the bumps and variations on the road, vs. the wheel travelling up/down.

I have read that running 18" and/or Dinan Coilovers will help this quite a bit, but would love to possibly chat with or maybe even be taken for a ride in one if anyone is local in Houston? I'll bring something fun to give you a ride in to return the favor :-)

let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
Jakeg
The M2 is a real sports car. The suspension in this car is intended for true performance driving.

A good used BMW for what your looking for is the M235i and the M240i. The 8 speed Automatic trans is the shit.

Put a Trans flash from xHP stage 3 and you will think it's a DCT. I have owned both. And dude it's Kool. You will get a car with a SMOOTHER ride.

And shift like a race car.
Appreciate 0