View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 06:50 AM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale View Post
Currently in CA. Honestly, there is no good excuse for not taking the better deal versus grabbing one off of the lot so I won't try to make one.

I would NOT sell your E36. Your E36 is my E46 that I never should have sold. I really liked my Porsche 981BS. What kept it from forever keeper status was tall gearing and marginal electric steering. That said, I'm sure there is another Porsche in my future. Really liked my E92 but always felt heavy to me. My F80 doesn't feel heavy, but it drives big dimensions wise. And I like the S55s torque, but the engine otherwise lacks character. I'm still holding out hope for the G87. If it slots in size wise between the current M2 and F80 M3, offers an adaptive suspension, has improved steering, wields the S58 and offers a manual that pairs up well with it, the car could be a real winner. On the weight front, the clar platform, a CF roof, and lighter wheels and brakes could keep lbs down. Time will tell. In the meantime, I plan on enjoying my M2 Competition!!
Great feedback. Yea I'm leaning towards keeping the E36 because I just feel like I'm really going to miss it if I sell. Can't really buy cars like that anymore these days. I'll just have to show some patience (harder said than done) and add some type of M2 later.

Car looks gorgeous in SO, what an underrated color. The second picture really shows that it's related to an orange 1M.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0