View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #1962
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

NOTES FROM THE FIELD: Tried Poochie non-high beam light variable whatever it is a little harder to notice that it is actually functioning as designed. However, I did notice my lights doing some self-leveling as well as two cutouts to the light pattern. Not sure if this is new. Biggest change was seeing more light spray on my driver left side. Also, does the coding increase the intensity of the light? Maybe it is just me, but the reflections on road signs feel much brighter.

The biggest benefit is still the adaptive high-beams. On both nights, I was able to spot deer along the road much clearer! Never knew there were so many around the roads where I drove. I did notice the lights cast a wider spray, allowing me to see more left and right of the road.

What was also phenomenal was when you're following a car in a pitch black road. Your high beams are still on, casting a wide viewing angle. But the lights are subdued right in front of you to not dazzle the car in front.

Overall, this is hands down the best mod. Notably because it allowed me to see the "art of the possible" with new headlight technology. Also, incredible how quickly you adapt to this and driving in other cars without this capability is disparaging.
Attached Images

Poochie9104.50
j23654.50