10-24-2016, 11:56 PM   #20
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
VOCAN, you already asked so you want the M2, so do it. Let somone else that truly appreciates it have a shot it it. Two people will end up happy.

I respectfully disagree with the simplified statements that the M2 is 1M v2. Yes but not really. My 1M has an amazing classic cockpit with no nav, no I-drive, large clear beautiful displays. No comfort button, no fake engine noise, no big display blocking the road or killing my night vision. it has a great oil temp gauge and manual seats. It is different and I cannot get an M2 like that. As much as I like the M2, which is a ton, I cannot make the switch due to the sum of all the nonsense and dilution of the 1M formula. It is a better car for sure but with the great chassis and track prowess, it comes saddled with the gadgetry, idrive and fakery that I don't like.

The 1M is a truly special car and in BMWs history. It is the last M car and last BMW that was only offered in a manual transmission. The last M car you could get without a comfort button and fakery. There is a reason that still, to this day, editors and even Chris Harris prefer the 1M over the M2 and it's because it is something special.

Being special is also a curse for some, namely me. Because I know that I could never buy another M car without iDrive, screens, fakery, etc. I worry a lot about my 1M and this is probably the top reason to sell the 1M and get an M2. It is not special and that is a good thing. It will do everything you want better or mostly as well without the burden of a special car that cannot be replaced. If BMW would've offered a no nav, no idrive, no fakery, manual seat version with an oil gauge I probably would've gotten M2 so I can drive it with abandon. So if you are like me and stress about the 1M, then sell it and get an M2. Best wishes!
+1

Also it comes in Orange just like all the Jägermeister BMW race cars
Appreciate 0