View Single Post
      07-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #90
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Not a flame here, but Cadillac has picked up the ball from BMW. The ATS and CTS are very fine driving automobiles, and you don't have to get an expensive V to get a good driving version of them. The Chevy SS is far overlooked as a choice too. The New Jag XE appears to fill the void too. What is disappointing is the original attribute of the 3 series was you could get a great dynamic handling car with a manual trans and rearwheel drive for a decent price. It's seems now the market has moved to where that type of car from BMW is only found with a $20K M badge on it, and it has turned into an overpowered, over-expensive, almost gaudy, caricature of itself.

The best new 3-series I have driven is the ATS.
You mention some sedans that have gotten great reviews and press. When I am in the market again I'll try them out for sure. There real acid test for any of us BMW owners is actually going and buying one of those other brands. Otherwise, its just talk.

You say you need to get an M and pay a $20k premium to get a great driving dynamic handling car with a manual trans and rearwheel drive but the M is overpowered. If the M is too much power, what about a 328 or 340 with the proper options. These cars are easily in the price range of the cars you mentioned. Bottom line: I think you can get a BMW sedan meets your criteria. You may not personally like the driving dynamics, but these cars compete price-wise with the cars you mention.

I know this is all subjective. You and some others don't like the current BMWs and share your feelings with this group and that's fine. There are many, many others of us who bought them and love it.
Appreciate 0