View Single Post
      10-17-2020, 11:53 PM   #5
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

I think it's like a new relationship. When you first get your M2, you have a lot of to learn about. You have to get up-to-date on all the mods that can be done to the car and workout which ones you want. Also have to learn idrive and all the traction settings, and why sometimes your mirrors fold in and sometimes they don't, and other minute details.

If it's your first BMW, and first sports car, and first time ordering a car, all that is amplified because you're on a whole new platform, have a ton of mod possibilities because it's a sports car, and get to learn shipping/delivery if it's your first time ordering. Also if it's your first sports car and expensive one, you get the new experience of everyone looking at your when you drive and learning to deal with that. And, if it's your first time on bimmerpost, you have a bunch of new people to learn about and how to deal with.

However, if your previous car was a BMW, you don't have idrive and other quirks to learn about. If this isn't your first N55, you don't have that to learn about. If it's not your first sports car then you don't have suspension and methanol and ethanol and turbo stuff or what's the widest tire that'll fit, etc.

But after you figure out all the stuff that can be done to the car, and have made a wishlist of things you want, it's just waiting to buy the stuff and keeping up to date here and there incase a new part comes out that you want.

To tie it back to my opening statement of it being like a relationship. This is the point when you start arguing with each other just to bring some excitement to the relationship. Which, I dunno, maybe that's why ppl get into pointless arguments on this forum lately... out of boredom.

So, my advice, join the club and start arguments if you're bored.

Or find a new hobby. I'm been looking into sewing lately and buying a sewing machine.
Appreciate 11
QM287.00
F87EVO4033.00
Got f1?681.00
jas159898.50
Kankles1484.50
M2RAW121.00