View Single Post
      05-20-2018, 01:32 AM   #15
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

OK, here we go... 8 datalogs of BM3 Stage 2 91 Octane OTS map v5.3. Adaptations were reset about 10 minutes before these runs, so the first few runs will be during adaptation taking place. I expect the adaptation to be complete by the later runs though.

All of these are third gear pulls from under 3,000rpm up to redline. DSC was off for all runs except the 5th one, which is obvious because the throttle angle keeps reducing as traction was lost.

Outside temperature was ~60F / 15C. Fuel was a 3:1 mix of Chevron 91 pump gas, and Sunoco SS100 Race Gas, giving a combined octane of 93.25.Hopefully I can get some help interpreting this data. I'm concerned that I'm still getting timing pull after adaptation on the 91 Octane OTS map with 93.25 octane fuel.

I had hoped to switch back to the 93 Octane OTS map and get some more pulls logged, but for some reason wasn't able to change maps, and the car got into an odd state where I also couldn't datalog. Disconnecting the battery for 3 minutes fixed this, and the car still ran fine, but it meant that I couldn't do any more runs this evening.

In all honesty, these 91 Octane Stage 2 map logs don't really look any better than the ones I'd taken previously with the 93 Octane Stage 2 map. I had thought initially that things were getting better and better with each run, and put this down to DME adaptation. Run 4 though, was the best of the bunch, and Run 8 even has 0.2 degrees of retarded timing at one point, just as I saw in the 93 Octane Stage 2 map logs.

Could this really be octane related? I'm also wondering if it could be AFR related because the ratio is pretty rich under hard load at high revs with this map, but I'm clutching at straws...

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome!

Charts:

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings

Last edited by Nezil; 05-25-2018 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0