View Single Post
      05-19-2018, 05:59 PM   #13
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

It's way off topic, but if it helps you to gather datalogs for your car so that we can compare... I'm all for it!

I mounted my RPi under the drivers seat with velcro on to the top of the rear passenger vents there.

I ran an E-Net cable from there around the front of the subwoofer enclosure, through a gap in the carpet the other side, and under the door trim round to the OBD location. At the OBD location I installed a slim OBD extension I got from Amazon, and put the connectors up under the dash. If you remove the panel above the pedals (2 10mm nuts and a few clips), there is plenty of space to tuck the plug and socket.

For power, I decided that I probably didn't need to hard wire it permanently, so I just ran a fairly long USB cable down the side of the seat. If I want to plug it in, I do so in either the under arm-rest socket, or the one in front of the gear stick. I considered a more permanent power setup, but once I'm happy with a tune, I probably wouldn't need it plugged in all the time.

This keeps the wires and RPi out of the way of my feet, arms etc. while I'm driving. Phone in the cup holder to start and stop logging, and it's all pretty clean.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1