View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #26
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
I keep coming back to these. Can I justify it based on the work I do? Probably not. But it would make the work I do that much easier and I'm not getting any younger, and it's a helluva lot safer than jury rigging jackstands, and....

Can someone explain what the 5000 comes with as far as the rubber blocks and if it's sufficient for the M2? I assume I'd want to get as much lift as possible to slide under to work on downpipe/other exhaust and of course I don't want to tater the plastic on the jack points.

Other projects are an e90, R56 Mini, 66 Mustang and possibly a 2014 Acura RDX, but not so likely on the latter. Would I need to invest in any other components to work on any of these?

Safety is the key for me. These modern cars are really only safe when being lifted at those 4 main lift points (a few exceptions exist) this is the safest, portable and affordable solution I have seen. For other cars the key is the distance of the lift points. I use mine for my M2 and my wife's Honda Accord, the Accord has a much longer wheel base but it works fine. For SUV most use the adapters that you can buy.
Appreciate 0