Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
of course but every mods will delete the warranty so it is pointless.
Nope it doesn't... It removes the warranty on that particular part. If you have a dealer that is going to have a discussion about this with you move to another dealer. Give me one dealer that removes your warranty on your parking sensors when you have a new exhaust...

I have had more than 10 years experience with dealers going down that route and I never had issues. The tune is the warranty breaker, also because there is a chance BMW HQ sees it.

I have never ever had a dealer removing my complete car warranty when I replaced an exhaust! Never ever... Especially not when they don't have an option available in their accessory list.

The ECM solves the ECU tuning issue that many dealers see as the deal breaker between warranty lost or not. Not only that! Non-homologated slip-on systems have the tendency of throwing errors and also that the ECMs solves. You can also add valve control to your stock system or slip-on system via ECM... There is a lot more to it

MR
Same things applied to the tune. You tune the engine and they don't honor the windshield wipers warranty? C'mon..

Regarding the exhaust everything is good until something expensive happens and it requires a technician opinion. In this case they will find a way to not pay.

You have 10 year experience with dealers...I am a dealer...