10-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Very well! But why should I pay 400 or more euros for this emulator when for the same price I can have a BM3 that has these features and many others?
This will be suited for people who do not want to flash their factory ecu for warranty reasons and be happy with an exhaust swap for their OPF based car. This appears to be a canbus based module that simulates the existance of the OPF's + some other canbus functions.

Pretty much MR summed it up in his second paragraph.

"The ECM was also developed to answer the questions from many clients on how to deal with the newly released OPF/GPF-filters in case an exhaust system is being replaced. Customers that opt for an aftermarket exhaust system on their vehicle might run into issues with engine warning messages and limp mode sequences, which could only be dealt with via an ECU/DME mapping, remap or tune. For people who want to replace their exhaust with a new aftermarket cat-back system or a non-homologated slip-on/axle back system and don’t want to ECU/DME tune their car due to warranty concerns, the ECM is the solution since it will deal with any OPF/GPF errors accordingly. OPF-Delete is now a piece of cake and you don’t have to worry losing your factory warranty!"