06-05-2019, 05:28 AM   #587
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
May have a partially torn rotator cuff, fml. Nonetheless most likely happened while whipping ping pong balls two weekends ago (aggressive game of beer ball). Sucks when you get injured doing dumb shit. Not excruciating pain but definitely dull/weakness when laterally raising my arm. Able to lift back as long as I'm keeping my muscles contracted. Have been taking it easy on it over the last 9 days but the pain is still there and only slowly dissipating. Bi/tri hasn't been an issue either. I've been doing minor movement to rehab my shoulder. Haven't attempted chest but might tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciated.

Good news my legs days have been phenomenal, getting stronger even though I'm losing weight. Hips haven't felt this flexible in and good while. Core feels like a million.

Not a lot you can do. Look up Side-lying external rotations. You can do them at home or the gym. Just use a very light dumbbell that has you right on the threshold of the where the pain starts, and "rep" it out. Then you can slowly add weight.

I do these now just as a warm up to any shoulder work and to protect the rotator cuff and make it stronger. You can do them lying down, or simulate the movement on an incline bench.

But that movement and just focusing on getting as much blood into the area to facilitate healing is about all you have at this point.

Also if you are a side sleeper.....obviously you don't want to sleep on that side!