01-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #201
Tobbep
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
I can only speak for myself but I didn't buy a BMW for exclusivity/status symbol; I bought it because of the performance and style. It doesn't bother me if others are driving the same car. Most people who aren't car enthusiasts wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a 320d and a M3. Car enthusiasts, on other hand, still know the reputation behind the M cars, even with the new M Performance line. I don't understand what's exactly being lost here.

Besides, I can't barely comprehend the thought that owners of M3's/M5's/etc only bought it to show it off to their friends. If that's the case, they should move on to the likes of Porsche or Ferrari.
I think you are misunderstanding what some of us are saying. This has nothing to do with showing off. I could care less what other people think. This has to do with keeping the heritage of the M models intact. It has to do with what the M stands for. These cars should not be diluted for the sake of selling more cars. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

The M cars are supposed to be in their own class. If it is not an M car don't put an M badge on it. If people want an M car buy one.

2022 BMW X6M Competition
Alpine White/Black Leather
Appreciate 0