11-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Very cool.
I think I chased that car some during Friday’s race practice / DE (or maybe a team car ?)
I was generally lapping in the 2:37-2:38 area...once it dried out...on some older Hankook Rs4s. I’m sure your M2 is much quicker than the 240ir. How did you place ?
They had 3 cars out there but we all only ran during the race practice sessions on Friday - definitely possible if you got mixed in with that group? There were a lot of M235iR/M240iR's out there this weekend & some of them ran in the DE sessions on Friday so could have been one of those too. Friday was gnarly - I only ran in our first & third sessions - cold & wet for both of them. Was a handful being in that car for the first time.

We ran Hankook RS4's all weekend as well - would make it through the 8 hour races without a tire change but they were definitely struggling at the end. My M2 with the boost turned up and on Hoosier R7's is definitely much quicker. I was able to get into the 2:34's on Sunday which is pretty close to what I was running back in June when the heat killed all the power in the M2.

Sunday we finished 12th overall. We lost probably 4 laps due to the passenger side door damage so could have been up there around 6th or so - but of course that is a big part of the game and I'm sure the other's above us had their share of issues too. Sunday was mayhem - mass carnage everywhere. Saturday was a little rougher - think we were 18th or so. Still an absolute blast though!
Appreciate 0