View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #13
acl26
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I don't have access to the car right now so I can't check if the logs for the day made it through.

The car ran fine power and power was present till final run.

When the car went into limp mode it was sudden and with acceleration only, wasn't even near redline either. Didn't check coolant temps but I doubt it would have been anything crazy as I didn't notice any power loss and I skipped a session as well. Shut off the car and it went away.

Limp mode occurred when I was near half a tank so I thought it was a similar limp mode due to LPFP issue. Second time limp mode went to check actual messages through BM3 and it show super knocking and fuel injectors shut off.

I couldn't see anything online to those codes so I thought it wasn't anything serious but here we are now.

then again, on stage 1 91, I ran WA 92 gas with Lucas octane booster.

No idea where this crazy knocking came from. Shelton, WA that day didn't have super hot weather either.

Even at the last session the motor seemed fine. I only stopped as there was huge white smoke coming from exhausts.

Funny thing is that no limp mode came on the session right before it or any messages.

I am so perplexed at this incident. Either way, even if its mods or engine defect can I even trust this motor to do occasional track days anymore?

or anyone else for the matter.
Appreciate 0