11-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #27
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Such bias on this forum ... well, that's what forums are for: semi-anonymous chest thumping and dry humping ... :: rolls eyes ::

The latest on upcoming 718 models:
- Base, S, T, and GTS (yes, GTS) will continue with a turbo flat-4
- GT4, Spyder, and to-be-announced 'Touring' variant have/will have an NA flat-6
- One more to-be-named variant will have an NA flat-6

Those of you who have driven a 718 and didn't like it: fair enough ... though I likely won't ever own another BMW because of my 718. (I've driven several flat-6 981s. Meh, in comparison. Sure, they sound great. I'd rather have the torque to outrun any 981 on a public road below 100 mph. Fair enough, eh?)

As for 981 resale prices: It's classic supply-and-demand, partially caused by the 718 shortage in the U.S. 718s have been haphazardly available here not primarily because of poor demand, but because of higher demand in other world markets, combined with a slew of other factors I won't get into here.

My advice, if you really want a 981 GTS: Wait a year. You'll save at least $10-$12k, if not more.
What is this shortage you speak of There are still new 718s on dealership lots that are more than a year old because they arent selling.
Appreciate 0