03-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #62
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I've got done with my first drive with GFHB

Around my well lit town at night going approx 40mph the auto high beams acted normally. As soon as a car would come in the opposite direction or one was in front of me they would both shut off and if the road was clear they would both turn on. I don't know if this is normal behavior due to speed or lighting conditions or both, but they functioned as usual. GFHB didn't ever turn on.

After this I went on the highway and I noticed they started working as I was expecting them to. When traveling in the far right lane the right high beam would turn on and illuminate road signs. The left one stayed off. Unfortunately due to the number of cars on the parkway I wasn't able to test the tunneling effect with one car in front of me at high speed and nothing on either side. It's just too congested where I live at this hour. It's something I'll have to play with and revisit when the opportunity presents itself.

In summation, the coding itself seems to work as well as the beam splitting, but I'm still unable to see if the tunneling does.
Appreciate 0