View Single Post
      03-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #57
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
OK, so I spent some time on this tonight, and I looked through the Google sheets document that you linked to, and found the three changes listed there.

Having said that, I don't see the logic for those changes... I'd love to be wrong, but I think they were just lifted from some other ~2013 F series discussion and that's why they're listed as 'unknown' status for if they work or not.

As far as I know, the only way to find changes based on regional difference, is to compare to the default data for a vehicle from that region. In E-Sys you can do this by editing your FA to (optionally) make it a European model number, and removing 8S4 and 5AP from the SALAPA-Element list. Once you've got the modified FA, you can create a set of default NCD files for the modules in the vehicle, and then compare these to the US defaults with 8S4 and 5AP.

This approach with E-Sys is the one that I took and I got a completely different set of differences. The first difference was CA_AFS_ENA, but the other two that you list were defaulted to disabled just like the US M2 defaults.

There was also a lot of differences in the FLE modules, which is something that has been identified as being required for other models.

I consulted Almaretto about the changes I'd found, and he suggested a few to try. I did this and made a video of my experience. Basically the headlights moved around a lot, but didn't form a tunnel when needed; it was a bit disappointing, because seeing the high-beams dip independently and move around like that is truly impressive.

I'm going to try coding the two additional changes you mentioned just in case, but I don't have high hopes.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 2