View Single Post
      03-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #57
oj34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Just some explanations for all the Americans here. (That might be a bit „uniformed“ (or ignorant) regarding the drivers):

Martin Tomczyk (1:40:88): 14 years of DTM experience, DTM champion 2011, 7 victories, 7 pole positions, ADAC motorsport men of the year 2011, did one mistake during the lap according to his comments

The 2 „grip guys“ are Johannes and Ferdinand Stuck, both are sons of the famous and beloved Hans-Joachim „Strietzel“ Stuck . I'm sure also the Americans now „Strietzel“. Besides driving 5 years Formula 1, being 2-times Le Mans champion, 3-times Sebring champion and also DTM champion he is one of the most likeable racers ever (imho).

The „grip“ lap was done by Johannes Stuck (1:42:10): driven several brand trophy series, german gt masters (one time winner), vln endurance championship, …

So I expected Johannes being slower than Tomcyzk. Being 1.3 seconds slower is a huge difference for a professional – but being 1.3 seconds slower than Martin Tomczyk was o.k. for him.
I wouldn’t expect Randy Probst going faster than Marting Tomczyk (of course same conditions and correct timing assumed).
Appreciate 3