Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I'll add this data............

In my 30 years of track driving...I rarely see more than 2-3 Audis at a HPDE or Time Trial. Why is that? I'll let you all answer that.

I know why...

At events up here in the NE its P Cars, BMW's and Vettes, Miata's.

Next level down are Camaro's, Mustangs, STI's, WRX's, EVO's, Z's, Lotus's, Mini's,...then you get to Audi's , GTI's, and other assorted platforms.

As for the SCH issues, its less than 1% of all S55's. Then it s every small % of that # that actually require engine replacement of head work.

TI'll run with those odds. In fact I'm getting my 2020 tuned this Thursday with Ecutek. I had the CBC installed for additional insurance...
100% agree. You hit on the key issue - it's at least a 99% chance you WONT get the SCH. Those are some phenomenal odds. Hell, even 90% you won't get it are still some great odds.

I think sometimes people don't get that the average "defect rate" or "epidemic failure rate" on manufactured components is anywhere between 1-3% (in the sense that that range is deemed an acceptable and near perfect batch). Thus, you have no better chance of getting a failure because of this "design flaw" than you would any normal manufacturing defect within the acceptable failure rates.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0