View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #22
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
Interested to hear how you go with the traction on the 255's, especially on corner exit. I am going to be running square 265's but my car is tuned and I'm a bit concerned I'm not running enough rubber. Wish I spec'd 10inch wheels instead of 9.5's but oh well, first world problems
Would have liked 265 but did not want to take any chances on scrapping. I do not intend to modify my suspension (at this point) as I use this as a DD. It seems that 50% of people who go to 265 on stock suspension do have some scrapping. I expect a big increase with front tires 245 summer vs 255 Track R compound which will allow me to Apex later. The rear, I expect a little more traction with 255 R compound vs 265 summer tire, which will allow me to accelerate out of turn a little faster, but will have to be careful of rear tires braking loose. I have had twelve track days in the last 2 years, and my goal is to come as close to 100% as I can to the capabilities of this car in stock form. Am not near that yet, and want to keep cars capabilities closer to my abilities. I am not competing with anyone, just out there to have fun. Will post the comparisons between the two set ups after my first track day.
Appreciate 2
CrashFL137.50
rich8566608.50