Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Still more time on the table as that was not a perfect lap. He got out of shape going wide in turn 1.

This video is redemption for the driver though because his first lap he totally got seriously out of shape in either turn 1 or turn 7 going * way *. onto the runoff area.

I look forward to a lap where he doesn't run off the outside of turn 1 so badly and gets into the 1:11s.

As the M2 supplants the M4 as being the best sports car in the BMW lineup, BMW should seriously consider naming the next " 2 " platform a " 3" and having coupe, sedan and grand coupe iterations and then making the next 3 series a 4 series, in sedan , coupe and gran coupe iterations..
Turn 1 at Hockenheim is a corner where allmost everyone goes wide. IIRC they have had to warn drivers during F1 races to stay within the track limits at turn 1 because they tend to go wide there to carry more speed onto the following straight.

To me the lap looks to be a very good one, I'm not sure there's a lot of time to be found, but of course every lap can be improved (even F1 drivers do mistakes quite frequently)

DTM, F1 etc go wide there

The first video didn't work for me , but the Porsche GT3 driver certainly negotiated turn 1 just like I would like to see the sport auto driver do....

Using all the track and the runoff area but not sideways and all crossed up while doing so

On BOTH of the laps there are simply times where the driver is crossed up and losing time.

I'm very familiar with the fast line around an F1 track.. We have this thing called COTA here in Texas and I've managed to drive a lap or two on It ...
When is he sideways and crossed up in turn 1 at the 1:12.20 lap?

He did a small correction on the exit of turn 1. Which is quite normal on a hot lap. Care to pinpoint the times he is sideways and crossed up in the 1:12.20 lap? (Please use time references from the video so it's easier to look it up).

Different drivers have different driving styles, but can set similar lap times. Jenson Button is known as a smooth driver with clean lines. Lewis Hamilton is more aggressive. Michael Schumacher wanted a planted front end and preferred a nervous rear end he could play with using his excellent feel and reactions.

Watch a F1 race and you can see that on some tracks and corners the driver choose very different lines.

To me that last lap seems to be quite neat and tidy for a street car on street tires driven on the limit.

I think he ran too wide in the 1:12.2 lap and lost some time.

But I am absolutely more critical of the 1:12.5 lap. When I saw that lap I was like whoa.

First off note how excellently he did the corner entry at 8 seconds on the 1:12.5 lap. This is the same corner that he went wide on the 1:12.2 lap and lost the most time.

However the 1:12.5 lap had 3 places where
I would bet the driver would agree he can improve on that lap.

: 53 second - crossed up badly

1:02 second - crossed up and loses time

1:08 second - uses all the runoff but does not make a clean exit

If he cleans up two of those areas the 1:12:5 he came up with would have been in the 1:11s I think, and I really think the driver would say a 1:11.5 was out there for him to get had he done a perfect lap.

I also think he would say that the M2 can be tricky at the limit like the 1M.
Appreciate 0