View Single Post
      04-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #150
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
so I just recently made the move from a 2020 M2C manual to a 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

I've only put 200km on the gts 4.0 and I coming from a M2C not a CS but these my initial thoughts on the 2 as road cars FWIW

First off I think a huge factor in what car will work better for you is whether you have a preference for normally aspirated engines.

I have always had that preference. I enjoy the connection and immediacy of an NA engine. I chose an e86 3.0si over a 135i back in the day because of this. The 135i was way faster but the connection with the n52 meant more to me.

Just driving with 1/2 throttle at most and keeping the revs under 4000 rpm (break in) I can already tell the 4.0 is a masterpiece of an NA engine. Instant buttery power even at low rpm. The throttle response is electric. The engine makes me giggle like a school girl when I give it a little more throttle and the car immediately responds and the symposer lets the induction nose into the cabin.

So for me the 4.0 settles the debate between the 2, even in CS tune the S55 wouldn't compare to the 4.0 FOR ME given my NA preference.

However if that 4.0 were available (or even an NA BMW inline six that made good low end torque) in the M2 CS, I would likely pick that car.

The M2 is just much more accessible easier fun than the GTS4.0 as a road car. You can get it in easy, you can see out of it well, you don't have to worry about clearance issues, people don't hate on you with their eyes.

The GTS4.0 is just more of a chore to drive in so many ways. It may be more of an event in some ways, but it's also more of a chore. Just so much more to be careful and worry about. It also has a clinical nature to its handling that makes it less fun around town than the M2 which has a really fun way of rotating around you when take the curves.

I miss the easy fun of my M2C, especially in the city I live in which makes a low car with poor visibility and clearance even more of a chore.

But it's that engine that I can't get enough of...put that engine in the M2 chassis and I would pick it over the GTS 4.0 no question for a road car.
Beautiful car! Good luck to you sir!