Thread: B-street setup
View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #247
JustAWhisper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2018 M2

So, I finally got my new wheels and tires mounted up and got my autocross alignment.

The 295 Yokos are wide. I haven't driven them on the street, but they probably will rub a bit under full compression as someone else mentioned. I'm OK with that as an autocross only set of tires. But, if Yoko ever offers a 285 I'll probably downgrade to that.

I wish I had read the latest posts on this thread before I got my alignment. My alignment guy and I expected to remove strut pins like in every BMW ever and get a nice additional 0.5 degrees of camber. Turns out BMW has decided that simple solution was too cheap and easy and engineered it out of the car.

On the rack my car shows only 1.0 degrees of camber. Yikes.

I ran across the camber correction hubs mentioned above after some internet searching, but they are not cheap. I was not expecting to have to spend another $800 bucks just to get a proper B-street autocross alignment. I expect it will be worth it in the long run, though, as the extra half degree will probably allow me to eek out a few more runs on each set of front tires. But, I'm not very happy right now.
Appreciate 2