View Single Post
      05-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #56
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOJOE View Post
J/K. I still think it will be a great car but will (like many others) just stick with my LCI (no matter how good the reviews are and no matter how many reviewers say it's an improvement over the original) - this plus the fact that the wife would literally kill me - selling my LCI only to to get an identical (to my wife they are completely identical) newer M2C. Just not worth the pain.

What will be worth the "pain" will be putting on the carbon fiber bits esp the hood!!!

Make no mistake if I had not bought my LCI I would buy the slightly obese M2C in a heartbeat. It will be a great car too!!
I'd be happy with an LCI.
But I want to do an ED next year, so I have to buy new. I think either is a win.

As long as the CF bonnet and boot aren't too costly, I may do them, as much because I think they'll look awesome on a BSM car with the CF exposed as per the HS car. Plus weight savings too, but why not get best of both worlds.

I am hopeful that with BMW's acquisition of that CF company (I think it was an acquisition anyway, not just a partnership) that they can/will put out CF bits a little cheaper than they have in the past. That said, I expect every major piece (boot, bonnet, each fender) will probably cost $1k.

I think the biggest bang for the buck on this car though is going to be aftermarket or M-Perf exhaust. Save weight and fix the sound.
I'm leaning toward the AA Signature setup, but will be interested in seeing the M-Perf exhaust, as long as it doesn't cost $6k like I think it will.
Appreciate 0