12-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #55
Yeru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 IB E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAGUY View Post
Does BMW require Dinan equipment to be installed by a Dinan dealer for warranty purposes? Or, can I DIY this and keep my warranty?
Dinan products are NOT backed by BMW NA; they are backed by Dinan with the difference that some authorized BMW service centers are authorized Dinan dealers too.

Many Dinan parts, especially those linked to your VIN, require installation by their authorized dealers.

The difficult decision, besides initial acquisition, is when something breaks, you may have 3 parties to deal with: your dealer, BMW NA and Dinan. If you have a dealer that has a proven trusted relationship with both Principals, that minimizes the risk.

My speculation is that BMW NA considers Dinan a "frenemy"; i.e. Dinan's enhancements are sometimes good for the BMW brand but they don't have that formal cozy relationship that BMW AG and Alpina have.
FSociety3812.50
Bosozoku693.50