United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
@Poochie

You with us brother . . . you've been awfully quiet lately

///AVM

I appreciate your concern but I'm still buzzing around..

Lately, I've been doing more research than sharing, in an attempt to efficiently warp up some automotive maintenance items, before the temperature drops even further.

There are a lot of useful, crowd-sourcing information here but it's not always explicitly stated, requiring one literally read between the lines, which can take time, to sift through all the pearls amongst the swine - so to speak..

For instance, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to replace my rear shocks/dampers, since the bolt that holds the rod to the shock mount, just spins in place, with no leverage to grasp and be removed (No. 1 in photo below), without having to purchase BMW's "Special Tool," at a cost of $200 (as if )..

However, TIL that a simple $15 Allen socket can possible lock the shock rod in place, allowing the bolt to be extracted. Here's to hoping 🤞🏼

So, my time was not wasted, since I just saved a bunch of money, by not having to pay a repair shop for something I can now accomplish myself.

Anyways, for anyone interested in what I'm referring to, the video below at the 1:15 point illustrated my dilemma.

Anyone with any viable suggestions, please feel to chime in.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50