View Single Post
      09-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #206
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I know of two dealers right now with msrp allocations that have been available for a week.

If i didn't have 10k of equity in my f80 m3 I'd do it, but terrified of taking a bath on this car and all signs are pointing to similar depreciation at least initially to the m3 cs and m4 cs/gts

Maybe in ten years after a handful of these have been crashed etc you might have a gem on your hands but who's planning that far ahead on a car

Also the g80 is being revealed next week, that new power plant might be more attractive to some than the analog driving experience, so that might have an affect on sales as well. However, the more I'm seeing from bmw the less likely we're ever going to get another car from them like the m2 cs or comp even, the new ones are hideous
Yea, the number of sticker price allocations certainly suggests something. Interestingly, there seems to be quite a few standard M2C allocations available as well. 6 here, 3 there, 5 here, etc. I think, at least for markets not impacted by emissions changes, the F87 will make up a significantly larger portion of F22/23/87 output in the final year, with BMW likely thinking it's a way to drive up margins at the end of production, because lord knows we're not seeing terribly high numbers on 230/240 models. Even if they have to throw money or incentives at the late stage F87 cars, they probably come out ahead on margins. That said, one does have to wonder if holding back the US CS release until after summer was a tactical error. We shall see.
Appreciate 0