View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #1774
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
I have a derision of black wheels for many of the reasons previously mentioned earlier in this thread.
Consequently, I have opted for gold wheels more because of this than my love of the gold. If silver or even light-mid grey had been offered that would have been my preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetech View Post
That's how I've always felt about black wheels, they also remind me of teenagers that spray paint their wheels BBQ black.
So missing hubcaps and stupid teenagers, not a positive association.
And gloss black seems worse than Matt, I don't like gold but it's least offensive between gold and black especially because the gold is very mild.
Hardest choice is Missano blue or Hoch silver
+1 for hatred on black wheels. It's way too played out, and black masks the beauty of most wheels. Why do you want the wheel to be the same color as the tire and also blend in with the fenderwell...?
As for color, I vote anything other than HS. The CS is a special car, and by far HS is the most common color for the Comps that I've seen. At the last C&C there were probably 8 M2 Comps, 1 was SO (me), 1 was black, and the other 6 were HS. They all just start to blend together.
As commented before, there is an alternative: get the 763M in black and have these refinished in 'Orbit Grey' paint (official BMW paint color of 763M wheels of the M3 CS and M4 CS). Cool 'gunmetal' stuff when you see those IRL.

M4 CS - M-CCB:

JustChris17487.50
Poochie9104.50
CSBM52721.00