View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 09:01 AM   #29
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Brakes are too subjective for a yes/no answer on something like this. Too many factors at play - technique, available grip levels, the characteristics of the track being driven, ambient conditions, DSC usage - just a few of them. We are all really speaking in generalities.

So generally speaking - going from 2NH to the blues... I wouldn't be opposed to trying it if someone is giving me 2500.00 for the swap if you are leaning towards going to a BBK in the future. Just know that you might be in that gap between the fade resistance levels of the two where the 2NH still perform adequately but the blues might fade. Might make the move to a BBK need to happen sooner but now have some money to go towards that upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Was wondering more about the down sides of the blues on the M2. I haven't had any issues so I was wondering what to look out for?
Same as with any setup look out for fade. If your setup starts to fade then might be time to start looking into an upgrade of one type or another. If you haven't had any issues then sounds like you might be in a good place right now. A good BBK has other benefits (less mass, quicker pad changes, etc) but if you are not needing the extra fade resistance might not be worth the money for you yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLizzzard View Post
The blue brakes are really strong on track but give up a lot quicker, ive driven both those and 2nh - after 12 mins they (blue) started to fade for me and went a little spongey, the rears weren't doing an awful lot for me, car felt very on the nose at threshold braking.

Definitely a downgrade for length of time on track, in terms of bite i didnt notice any difference, the 2NH were stock, the blue had ferodo ds1.1's and fluid changed.

After all that i upgraded to AP 5000's with pagids in... no fade - but do ideally need some extra cooling as im on track for longer.
Are you considering adding cooling to try to extend pad life?
Appreciate 1