View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #26
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
This might make you the exception, as MANY people have been just fine with the blue brakes and the correct lines/pads/fluid for, well, years.
nah doesnt make me the exception at all... steel lines, Brembo HTC 64 Brake fluids and Pagid RS 29 aint exactly crap. its quite common for the boys here in australia to cook their brakes regardless of whether its blue or silver bbk

with all due respect for you to generically say it works fine makes me wonder do you even track your car or you just offering an opinion based on what you read but have no actual experience at all???

I can cook an entire set of 2NH running Pagids RS29, steel lines and Brembo HTC 64 after 4-5 hot laps on a high speed track before it starts fading like buggery and braking distances get longer and longer and longer. And PAGID RS29 are no medicore pads. these are racing endurance pads used by professional racing teams. hardly mickey mouse stuff.

You know why ??? Hauling a 1650kg car down from 220km/hr down to 80km/hr repeatedly is going to smash ANY brakes. Bigger pads, bigger calipers and bigger rotors is more resistant to heat than smaller rotors and calipers and can generate more braking torque for better stopping power. Its basic physics.

The M2 can haul ass and build up speed very quickly around a race track and I assure you, you do a lot of high speed stops, you're cooking the brakes. Period.

If you spent any time on track you would and should know that. Its why all time attack cars dont stick with OEM brakes and gut them out and go for AP Racing, Brembos or Alcons.

Better stopping power, more resistent to brake fade, better rotor design for cooling, lighter and more up to track abuse.

if OEM kits are so awesome why do the track cars switch over to Alcons or AP Racing kits ? Why not just whack on a set of blue brakes like you reckon ? no need for the alcons or AP.

Last edited by Robbyjai; 10-27-2021 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 1