View Single Post
      10-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #4
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
How bad are your winters? These will let liquid sip down your carpet. I would recommend buying the Weathertech floor liners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroM2C View Post
I am curious as to the best method to clean these mats. I have a set that Ive tried to power wash and clean but fantastic or car wash soap doesn't easily help.
You're replying to P4rD0nM3's reply, so I'm not sure if you have the Weathertech liners or the M Performance all-weather mats?

I had the OEM MINI floor liners in my 2015 F56 Mini. Same as Weathertech, but with a MINI logo. The MINI was my daily driver and driven in snow, and the Weathertech liners did the job, as P4rD0nM3 said. But I didn't like the hard plastic feel of them (compared to carpet), so I would remove them in the spring. Tried cleaning them once after they were removed using Simple Green and car wash soap like you, and it didn't get all the dirt off. So I don't really know how to clean them.

I do have a set of winter tires for the M2C and will drive the car year round, but don't plan on driving in snow if possible. So I'm not worried about entering the car with snow-covered boots, and having melted snow run off the mats onto the carpet. As far as cleaning the M Performance mats, we'll see. Does anyone else have them and tried cleaning them?