View Single Post
      10-21-2021, 07:44 PM   #15
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Not sure about how specific the design was. Other than the material the pistons are made of, I think these are exactly what they use for the CCB. So I'm thinking they were engineered specific to those, and just borrowed over for 2NH use (pure conjecture here). I've not seen any data on brake torque, but usually that is not the key issue on track - anything that can lock the wheel has enough; with those huge pads and rotors, I'd say it is certainly capable of some insane torque, but that is mostly overkill. The better a driver is, the less they use brakes, and the OG M2s are really plenty with the right pads, especially with a better rotor. The 2NH will certainly eat up more heat in short spurts, with all the extra mass, but I'd expect fade would depend more on pad choice and how you use them. Not trying to say blues are better, just that OP might want to try them out before dropping 10k on APs. Personally I do like the 2NH, no doubt, but I know how much of a difference it can make losing more than 10# per wheel in unsprung/rotating mass, perhaps more like 15-20 with 18" wheels/tires factored in (ouch, my wallet just flinched).
Appreciate 0