10-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #9
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyjai View Post
trading your 2NH for Blue ones is crazy especially if you intend to track .. the 2NH is better suited for track work
This is quite debatable, probably most true for part-time HPDE tracking with ham-fisted (footed?) drivers like myself. The 2NH are indeed much bigger and somewhat less prone to fading, but they are HUGE porkers, with expensive pads that are rather hard to swap out and requiring 19" wheel/tire setups (even more limiting for dedicated track use). The OG brakes are more than enough, and lighter, with pads that are easier to source and swap - I don't see the 2NH being used on the racing versions. I bet that if the take-rate on CCB's had been higher they would have made 2NH an option like they did in Europe, but they had all those huge calipers sitting around, and in 'murica bigger is always better.. I think one of the best things about the 2NH is that the weight and cost of pads make a great argument to step up to the AP's - between pad costs and the fuel savings from that unsprung weight, they really pay for themselves (manmath 101 ).

And IIRC, the OP isn't just trading, he's selling the 2NH, which is probably the perfect solution.
Appreciate 3
VisualEcho6625.50
inTgr8r2421.50
jdubm2c169.00