View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #47
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I really like the look of the 763M's, but a) they're pricey for what they are and b) I *think* that in 19's, they only come in matte black and gold? Neither of which appeal to me in the slightest-- especially with a SOM M2C. If they came in a titanium or even a silver, I'd be very, very tempted.
No fan of black or gold colored wheels either. I solved it my way: asked my BMW M dealer to have my black 763M set refinished in 'Orbit Grey' (which is the original wheel paint of the 763M on the M3 CS and M4 CS). It looks gunmetal with a discreet grey-blue shine, pops in full sunlight and looks charcoal/black in the dark.

Upon arrival of my black 763M set, my dealer removed my Cup2 tires and had a wheel paint shop pick them up for treatment. And that shop did a decent job. Dealer invoiced something close to €440 for the whole set, if my memory serves me well. Actually, I never asked whether they were powdercoated or painted. Let's keep it to "refinished".

Of course, as always be careful not to scratch the wheels (rim rash). Some refrain from powdercoating wheels because of risks involved (pointing out the risk to pre-maturely age/weaken the metal alloy to the point that it is more brittle). Others point out that powdercoating curing temps are nowhere near high enough to have any effect on the metal.

An alternative color for the OEM BMW wheel color 'Orbit Grey' to consider: the Ferrari wheel color 'Grigio Corsa Matte' (Ferrari Corsa Matte Grey), which is also very nice. Forum fellow Greg75 had his black 763M set for his Long Beach Blue M2 refinished in that Ferrari wheel paint color.

BMW Orbit Grey:

On my former M2:

On my M2C:

Ferrari Corsa Matte Grey:
(pictures by Greg75)

hlm2c289.50