MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Apex EC-7s are a great looking wheel in my opinion. To that extent I bought them before I even took delivery of my M2C. Lots of discussion on forums on tire sizes. I agree with you on the 30 series aspect ratio being a bit harsh for DD. However reading each tire spec makes a big difference on what you might pick. Even same size tires have different measurements in aspect ratio, diameter on the wheel, and track width. My suggestion would be to evaluate whether you really want wheels or happy with 788s. Once that's been decided then go with the tires you want with the best fit.

I personally like stock wheels on my car but want slightly larger width wheel to go +1 and still maintain the stock stretched look with most tires. Generally, cross section width increases even with same size tire as you go up in wider wheel size once mounted and load is placed on it after proper inflation.

So 255/275 with 35 series aspect ratio might be what I land up with in the end to avoid any fender liner issues as I will also be using MP coils in the near future and have similar ride quality to stock without additional risks of pinched flats on 30 series tires.

I'm driving the car through winter in stock form so I can sit with my decisions and truly experience the car in stock from before camber, wheels, tires, suspension, modifications.
I'm sort of getting "paralysis by analysis", but am starting to consider either the Apex EC-7's or the Titan7 T-S5's, but am not sure of either yet. I really like the angularity of the 763M's as opposed to the more organic look of the spokes on the Apexes, but it's very hard to judge if I like them or not by a picture.

I'm just about at the point to try to fly out to somewhere where someone has a set just to look at them!

I think from researching, either will fit a 265/295 in a 30 sidewall-- but I'm not sure about increasing additional understeer. I'd prefer a 275/295, but apparently that's a no-go without significant negative camber (which I'm not a fan of). The other consideration is the 30 series sidewall and ride height. I've read "It's terrible in comparison to the stock tires", and I've also read "It's about the same as the stock tires as the PS4S is a better tire".

I don't quite know what to believe.

The whole point of this is to keep a compliant ride, but to allow the car to put down the power (~550hp) from the Carbahn tune. Probably two goals at cross-purposes, and it's really starting to get to me!
Get the Apex or Titan wheels as they are wider and offer friendly M2C offsets. Once you have them you can try out different tire size combinations, including 255/275-35 and 265/295-30 setups. Plus you'll always have the stock wheels for extra measure.

Dial in some moderate camber and even corner balance for cross weight if you have ride height adjustment available. If not just some camber and toe adjustments will dial out some understeer. AD08R and RE71R tires are very wide and stiff on the 255/275 setup so should offer improved grip. Regardless it may prove difficult to have extraordinary improvement in rear tire grip given the vast amount of power and torque being put down with any tune plus the rear wheel drive format. It's probably more reasonable to attain predictable oversteer with camber, alignment, and tire sizes in question.

I did some research on tire options.

255/275 Tire Size and Specs Comparison

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1786104
flybigjet6822.00