United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostspoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Seriously? Wait till CF body panels are released. Many people will be spending much more than just a couple grand to save less than 100lbs. This is going to be a dual purpose car for me, both dd and track (10+ track days in a year). Is it too much to ask for a car that our European friends are getting? I don't want to deal with removing my passenger seat or ripping off other components of the car to achieve a decent weight. I'm all for a small, more compact car but it's just absurd to ignore the 150lbs weight increase over the US spec M2 LCI or 182lbs weight increase over the EU spec M2C.
And by the way, ripping out a seat is merely a few bolts and a wiring harness. Any technical enthusiast won’t feel the burden.
Quote:
Quote:
Seriously? Wait till CF body panels are released. Many people will be spending much more than just a couple grand to save less than 100lbs. This is going to be a dual purpose car for me, both dd and track (10+ track days in a year). Is it too much to ask for a car that our European friends are getting? I don't want to deal with removing my passenger seat or ripping off other components of the car to achieve a decent weight. I'm all for a small, more compact car but it's just absurd to ignore the 150lbs weight increase over the US spec M2 LCI or 182lbs weight increase over the EU spec M2C.
You're a good guy and all, but what you and all other folks are saying is plain stupid.

120 pounds / 3600 pounds = 3.33%. You won't feel shit.

If anyone needs to argue, you're just some pretentious person that knows little about performance. If you care enough, target 10% weight reduction and skip out on all the luxurious amentities
Quote:
Quote:
And by the way, ripping out a seat is merely a few bolts and a wiring harness. Any technical enthusiast won't feel the burden.
Firstly, it's not about how difficult it's to remove a seat or other parts of the car. I just want to keep the two front seats along with the rest of the parts intact , period. This isn't goint to be a stripped out, dedicated track car for me. If I didn't need the extra space or the seats, I would have gotten a Corvette at a much better price/performance ratio.

I don't agree at all with what you are saying. The more we say "you can't feel the extra 150lbs" the more weight they will continue to add along with more power. Is this extra 150lbs all because of the S55? Why cannot they offer us a base M2C with none of fancy features/accessories and manual seats? (Just keep the price same and make everything a no cost option. Is this so difficult?) Why are we getting a US spec car which is 182lbs heavier than the EU spec? Anyways... Sorry but I cannot just say "oh BMW finally gave me S55 in a smaller car so I don't care if it weighs 150lbs more because I probably won't feel it".
Appreciate 1
Spa2k1195.00