View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #18
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
I'd love to see the black/anthracite wheels as well on BSM.
Appreciate your interest. We have an M2 flickr album and an M2 showroom gallery thread here on bimmerpost, however most existing EC-7 configurations will be in 18".

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
Fantastic post. Are these cast or forged?
These EC-7's are flow formed just like the existing line of 18" and 19" BMW wheels.

Some of you may have seen our teaser video indicating that we are releasing forged wheels this year, however, it will take some time before we are able to release all the different BMW fitment iterations we have planned.

Over the last 10+ years, our flow formed line has proven to be a great solution for performance driving enthusiasts, and we believe they present tremendous value. Once our forged program is fully up and running, enthusiasts will have the ability to choose between flow formed or forged depending on their needs, preferences and budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_M2C View Post
Well I am sold, I pledged in for the group buy for my M2C satin black with 275/30F and 295/30R Michelin PS 4S, bolts, caps, TPMS, etc. Question will apex go ahead and mount/balance all of this, I didn't see an option for it but didn't want to assume they would do that either.
Great to have you onboard! All wheel and tire packages include free mounting and road force balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Where's this group buy?
LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
These are links to a wheel/tire size calculator. I've plugged in the 265/30, 295/30 combo. The wheel/tire circumference is almost the same as stock. The scrub radius is also very close to stock. I don't know the original fender clearance specs so that spec is likely wrong.

Front:
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=30mm&sr=0mm

Rear:
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=30mm&sr=0mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub486 View Post
It's a shame that Michelin doesn't make a PS4S in 285/30/19. Then stock wheel m2 owners could run 255/35/19 front and 285/30/19 rear. I compromised and run 255/35 and 275/35 PS4S.

Nice job by Apex on this release.
Great additional info, thank you guys for chiming in. We hope that Michelin continues to expand the PS4S line, but the good news is that there are already some solid options. The real void is in the extreme summer and semi-slick / slick categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnigle View Post
Will apex be offering wheel and tire mounted packages with r compound tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
I do not see the PSC2 as an option, only the 4S in 265 front / 295 rear. Comes out to be about $2900 with the staggered 4S.
We are working hard to add the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's to our tire offering. We'll keep everyone posted on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
These looks fantastic, so clean compared to OEM 19s.

Would love to see some fitted Anthracite pics once available. Subb'ing to this thread
Thank you. We look forward to getting wheels into everyone hands. As noted above, a vast majority of M2's equipped with APEX wheels in the wild are running 18's (and rightfully so). Can't wait for the community to share photos of the 19's.

Here is a beautiful shot of 18" EC-7's in Anthracite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby.is.rad View Post
I, and many other Spec E46 racers, have run Apex wheels for years. They durable and cost effective. The only time I've managed to bend a wheel was when I cut a corner too much (turn 10 at VIR) and went into a pothole and bashed the backside of the curbing. I'd expect any wheel to take damage in that scenario. I didn't even feel that bad about it since I was replacing a non-forged wheel that wasn't ridiculously expensive.

I'd definitely recommend Apex wheels. If they can handle years of wheel to wheel racing and frequent mounting of race rubber, they will be fine for a street/track car.
Always great to hear from enthusiasts like yourself that have put our wheels through the ringer as intended. Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your support.

- Ryan