View Single Post
      04-05-2024, 12:31 PM   #26
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
No disrespect! You've been around, you're a smart guy, people look to you for advice all the time, so I just think you should be more careful what you say.

The fact that the MPS is made by KW to BMW's specs is common knowledge, and the MPS has few issues that I can find. If you can find more, and a common theme that they are bad for street use, please do so.

IME most guys running KWV3 instead of the MPS are doing so to either track the car, or to lower it much lower than the MPS will go, both of which can shorten the life of the suspension if not dialed correctly for those situations.

I'm happy to change my mind about it though.

I consider OG Shark to be a guru in this area, so maybe he can chime in.
All gravy, appreciate the clarification.
I just have been browsing FS threads for a while, just for the sake of it - And I see ‘a lot*’ of rebuilds for KW. I just saw one that was noted to have 10k on it (F30) these are old threads here and there, so who knows what was done and how they were driven. It’s just something to be aware of.
Ex https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...W#post20247061

*this does not factor in how many people can afford these mid range suspensions and then go on to sell or give a review. It’s not an exhaustive scientific measurement, just observation. Maybe the V3 sells more so it appears more vs other models.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 04-05-2024 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic14158.00