View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Offered a CS. Should I jump on it?

I know everyone's situation is different, but I'm at a real dilema. I've had nearly 35 BMWs in the past 20 years. 2002, E30 M3, E46 M3, M2, ZHP, E38, F80, the list goes on. I truly love these cars and the brand. Whether or not that's a good thing is another story.

We have a 2020 X3M and 2020 M340i in Dravit Grey

Anyway I wanted to get an M2CS since I heard the news a couple years ago, and I was #3 on my local dealers list. They got 2 allocations and I was pretty much out of luck. So at that point I decided to make the wife happy and agreed to the dealer would buy back my two cars and I would get the wife a loaded X5 45e (82k) and an M2C (63k) at a very very gracious discount. The X5 has started production, and they went in search of an allocation for the M2C.

I got a call today that the allocation they received from the other dealer was actually for an M2CS. So now they are asking if I would still want that. No markup.

Will I track the car? Absolutely not. But I love the looks, the aggressiveness, and honestly the small bit of exclusiveness. I tend to switch cars every 1-2yrs, but in some instances I've had them longer. I had my E30 M3 for 15 years. I had originally thought I'd be happy with the COMP, but have thoughts that I'd always would want more.

Should I take the CS allocation? or tell them that I'll be fine with the M2C?

Why couldn't I have a hobby/addition to coin collecting?

Thanks and cheers.
Appreciate 0