04-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #575
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I looked through the logs, and unless I’m reading wrong -

The Wagner heat up quicker, even after the cool down.
It’s maximum temps were higher than the Dinanby almost 10* it did have a lower minimum, but once it got to the higher temperatures, it couldn't agreed heat fast enough.

And when you think about it, higher average temperatures are never good. Even if it’s lower once, you want the engine to behave in a consistent manner and give you all the power all the time - this intercooler clearly can’t do that. All that marketing about its cools down quicker between turns’ is meaningless, because some turns are a taken at a higher rpm in a lower gear (or should be) and if you’re going slow enough, you’re not getting bough airflow to cool it down.

How big is the dinan cooler?
Do you have track data?
Thank you for posting btw
You have to look at temp deltas not absolutes, and on similar length pulls. If you do that, what I said in my original post holds up.

But again, picking apart minute data differences in non-back to back logs that are not identical runs is pointless.

The question is will it do the job for 90% of the guys out there. Yeah, and it weighs less. Is it enough for my needs, no.

Last edited by ZM2; 04-18-2020 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0