View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #6
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

As an '18 MGM MT LCI owner myself, really enjoyed reading your write up.

I test drove a bunch of E90 M3's as it was the main competitor I was looking at when I finally decided to go with the M2. In the end, I didn't want to deal with the reliability issues a used E90 might have presented.

I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much everything you've called out, bar a couple of things...

Quote:
The N55 in this thing sounds good. Good enough to NOT buy a M2C S55 if you have the budget? Nah, not even close but it's a good sounding car.
This is super subjective, but for me, the N55's sound is absolutely a good enough reason not to go an S55 M2C. Like you said, it's one of the best features of the car, so why wouldn't it be? I just couldn't imagine driving a car with a note that sounds as average as the S55. The N55 with a catless system is pure sex - my favourite part of the car hands down and probably why I don't think I'll ever be able to part with it... just makes me smile and giggle too much.

Quote:
Above 4,000 RPM it feels NA and it pulls HARD to redline.
Hmm.. Gonna have to disagree with this one. I think it's fairly well observed that the stock N55 tails off pretty quickly after 5k. At the track, I often toy between pushing to redline (mostly for the thrill of the exhaust note) and shifting at 4-5k to keep in the powerband. The latter is much, much quicker.

But hey - nitpicks there... It truly is a great car - there's nothing out there I want for this type of money. I too hope a P car is in my future, but till then, this will do just fine!!

Glad you are enjoying your M2! Here's mine at the track.. man I can't wait to get out there.

Appreciate 1