View Single Post
      12-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #26
RocketTR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
So your personal single experience trumps thousands of other people's experiences, class action lawsuits, documented failures, etc? I'm sure there are some Jeep owners that have never had issues with their vehicles but that doesn't stop Jeep from being one of the least reliable manufacturers annually.

I think you need to take a statistics class. What you obviously fail to realize is that for every internet (or other) complaint you can dig up, there is going to be hundreds, if not thousands of owners without any complaints. The fact that people with complaints tend to be the ones who are most vocal is also a reality. You clearly fall into the bandwagon camp of "the internet says it's junk, so it must be junk" groupthink.

Do you realize there are more trouble-free Jeep Grand Cherokees on the road than there are trouble-free Toyota 4Runners on the road? How is that possible when we all know that the 4Runner is more reliable overall than the Grand Cherokee? Well, statistics is our friend. Consider the fact that Jeep has historically sold three times the number of Grand Cherokees every year as compared to the 4Runner and then look at the reliability numbers again. It will become clear that there are more Grand Cherokees than there are 4Runners on the road without any issues at all.

Full disclosure: I'm currently on my third Grand Cherokee over the course of 8 years. Before that, I owned two 4Runners over the course of 12 years. Everyone on the 4Runner forum told me that I'd be sorry switching to the Jeep because I'd be at the dealership all the time. Ironically, none of my Jeeps have ever had a single issue. I wish I could say the same for my 4Runners. If you are wondering why I've had three Jeeps in 8 years, it's because my second one was totaled when I got rear-ended at a traffic light. I went out and purchased the same exact Jeep again as a replacement, right down to the color of the paint. So yeah, Jeep has been extremely reliable for me, despite what you might think of the brand's reliability. Statistics is the answer. Don't get hung up on internet stories because you rarely hear the good ones.
Appreciate 0