03-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #42
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Anyone know or bought from this company?

https://monacoms.com/

They have some CF stuff I like and is much lower priced that the M Performance and AutoTecknic. Thoughts?
I have the MP style rear spoiler.

Fitment was...weird. I assumed they just copied the real M one but the design of the underside did not set perfectly flat to the trunk lid. You can't see it unless you look closely when the trunk is up but it's odd. Or maybe that's the just the design? It's not warped, it was intentionally designed that way.

The rest of the quality is good. It looks nice on the car, it's full CF, and the finish is free from imperfections. The finish was slightly dull when it arrived but some polishing compound and wax made it shine the the other CF bits on the car.

I don't remember where on the website I saw it but they had a note about quality of their parts. They stated something to the effect that their parts are not OE quality and you shouldn't expect them to be. I found it to be a refreshing level of honesty because there's a lot of cheap aftermarket shit out there that claims to have perfect fit and finished. But they rarely do. Overall, I was happy with the ~$200 I spent on the spoiler.
Appreciate 0