View Single Post
      02-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

M2 vs F Type S

So, I understand I may be getting biased answers here but would appreciate as objective opinion as possible. I am getting rid of my Frozen 540 that I got last year and thinking of making a switch to one of these two options;

2018 M2 or 2017 F Type S (v6)

The M2 has 12K km's, is cheaper by at least $300 a month (possibly slightly more), is DCT (I prefer so wife can drive the odd time).

The F Type is brand new (even though 2017) with less than 500 km's, more expensive, manual transmission (preference would be auto but I will do manual for the 'nicer' car).

I am torn between which option to go with and have been weighing the pros and cons. The Jag is gorgeous and I like it better than M2 in that regard, but the M2 is not ugly. The Jag sounds absolutely sick as we all know but the M2 also has the M Performance Exhaust.

The M2 will be my 6th BMW in 4 years (including E92 M3, E70 X5M, F80 M3, 440i Gran Coupe, 540xi) and I have never owned a Jaguar before so would be a nice change.

Anyway, I can go on and on. I am actually surprised how tough the decision actually is. So I thought I will post on forums and perhaps let the hordes help me make my mind.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0